Rebecca Nakiranda specialises in insurance law as well as commercial and land litigation. She is also well known for her mediation and arbitration skills and credited for facilitating timely resolution of legal disputes.
She joined the firm in 2009 and practices as an associate within the litigation department. Rebecca holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Makerere University. She is licenced to practice in the courts of Uganda.
Rebecca is a member of the law societies of Uganda and East Africa.
- Acted for one of the largest regional insurance companies during a business restructuring process that saw the demerger of Life and General Insurance Business following the enactment of legislation requiring the split of life and general insurance business.
- Acted for an indigenous airline company in the acquisition of an Air Services License from Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
- Advised a major petroleum company in a legal dispute relating to breach of contract of US$3.5 million involving the largest petroleum depot in Uganda and through mediation, the claimant accepted 5% of the total claim in full and final settlement of the dispute.
- Acted for a client in a long standing trademark dispute involving almost US$1 million.
- Acted for a large oil company based in Amman, Jordan in the acquisition of land in the Albertine region of Uganda which has oil wells.
- Acted for a major Chinese company in the bid for the construction of a US$650 million dam on one of the major rivers in Uganda.