Noah practices in all fields of corporate and commercial law with an
emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. His expertise covers all matters
of project finance and banking, capital markets and debt securities,
property law, aviation law, energy, infrastructure projects, debt
recovery, general litigation, arbitration and mediation. Experience includes:
He is the Managing Partner of the firm, but also maintains an active practice in the corporate and commercial department of the firm. He has participated in and advised various local and international
clients on routine and complex large transactional work. While an active litigator, he remains proactive in pursuing practical and cost saving solutions for clients through emphasis on alternative dispute resolution and mediation
He is presently
recognized by IFLR1000 as one of the country's
leading lawyers in matters of consumer goods and services, energy,
technology and communications, aviation, real estate, oil and gas, and
natural resources. Noah has been described as 'an accomplished lawyer' and ''an expert' by Chambers Global 2017; which also ranks him as a leading lawyer in General and Business Law in Uganda.
Noah serves as a Board Director or Company Secretary
to some noteworthy companies and provides guidance on corporate
He, together with colleagues in the firm, have authored a number of articles on legal
developments in Uganda, notably in the IFLR1000. These include articles on the revised Uganda Companies Act
2012, the Anti-Money Laundering Act, public private
partnerships, oil and gas, among others. This has provided a gainful
insight into Uganda’s legal regime for clients and foreign lawyers/
Noah is an active member of the
International Bar Association, the Uganda Law Society and the East
African Law Society.
- Advised and participated as lead local counsel in two of the largest mergers and acquisitions in the financial sector and also in the telecommunications sector in addition to other mergers and acquisitions in insurance, commodities, food processing and manufacturing in Uganda
- Advised and acted for and on behalf of international financial institutions including but not limited to International Finance Corporation, Commonwealth Development Corporation/ Actis, Export Import Bank of India, PROPARCO, DEG, United European Bank, Luxembourg and the Netherlands Investment Company FMO. He has also advised prominent local and international financial institutions the latter of which include Ecobank Capital/Ecobank, Rand Merchant Bank, Standard Bank, Nedbank, ABSA Capital/Barclays Bank, European Investment Bank regarding several project, syndicated and financing transactions.
- Has represented two of the leading telecommunications companies in Uganda in transactional work involving their licences, pledging the same and listing bonds on the securities exchange and has handled simple and complex litigation on their behalf.
- Continues to represent significant players in the energy sector and has acted on one of the largest public private partnerships and infrastructure projects on Kalangala Island.
- Represented clients in ground breaking commercial litigation resulting in the establishment of significant judicial precedent.
- Acted for and on behalf of clients on high value transactions involving large real estate and property development ventures including the development of residential housing estates, hotels and shopping malls in Uganda.